From Priyanka Gandhi’s ‘ladki hoon lad sakti hoon’ campaign to Samajwadi Party’s new M-Y (Mahila-Youth) formula, women issues have taken centrestage this poll season.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have also come up with a number schemes and party organisation activities to woo women voters in the state.
While the BJP has named its manifesto “Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra”, Samajwadi Party has called its manifesto “Samajwadi Vichar Patra”. Congress has named it “Unnati Vidhan Jan Ghosna Patra”.
Here’s what the three major political parties in the state are offering women in their manifestos:
-Grant under ‘Kanya Sumangla Yojana’ will be hiked from Rs 15,000 to Rs 25,000.
-Financial assistance upto Rs 1 lakh under’Mukhyamantri Samuhik Vivah Yojana‘ (CM community marriage scheme)
-Two free LPG cylinders for women under ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ Holi and Diwali.
-In public transport, free travel for women over 60 years of age.
-Rs 1000 crore to be used for ‘Mission Pink Toilet’.
-Monthly pension for widows to be raised to Rs 1500
-Number of women in UPPSC and other government jobs to be doubled.
-College-going meritorious girls to get free scooter.
-For promotion in sports, financial assistance of up to Rs 5 lakh will be given to women athletes.
-40 per cent of the 20 lakh new jobs it promises in the manifesto will be allotted to women in accordance with the existing provisions of reservation.
-25 working women’s hostels to be set up in major urban centers.
– Specific quotas for women in conventionally male-centric professions such as drivers of public transportation shall be set aside at 40 per cent.
– 40% work under Mnrega shall be reserved and prioritised for women.
-Every girl in the 10+2 standard shall be provided with a smartphone.
– Every girl enrolled in a graduate program shall be provided with a scooter.
-A curriculum for girls above the age of 14 years focusing on reproductive rights and sciences, sex education, and other issues specific to women shall be incorporated into school curriculum.
-Use of all public transportation shall be free for women.
-Elderly women and widows shall receive a monthly pension of Rs 1000 each.
-A new scheme shall be put forth to enable the opening of a fixed deposit for every girl child born into a family.
-25% all jobs in the police force shall be reserved for women across the state.
-Free medical treatment shall be provided for any disease upto a maximum of Rs 10 lakhs per family.
– 33 per cent reservation to women in government jobs. This will include women from all sections of the general, economically weaker sections and scheduled castes and tribes.
– Free education to girls from LKG to post-graduation level.
– Zero tolerance policy against organised ‘hate crime’ against women, minorities and Dalits.
– Under ‘Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana’ girls will be given a lump sum amount of Rs 36,000 after passing class 12.
– Under ‘Samajwadi Pension Yojana’, aged, needy and women living below the poverty line would get a pension of Rs 18,000 per year.
-Women power line 1090 will be strengthened again with the facility of filing a case through email and WhatsApp.
– Zero tolerance against organized ‘hate crime’ against women, minorities and Dalits.